Jolly Hill is estate 32 in St. Croix’s West End Quarter. Based on appearances on historic maps, the animal mill was likely built in the mid 1750s.
The first appearance of sugar cultivation in Jolly Hill is an animal mill icon on the mid-1750s second printing of the Beck map. All the later variants of the Beck map included an animal mill, although the Küffner map only indicates a settlement. The 1799 Oxholm map includes an animal mill at Jolly hill. The Parsons map indicates structures in an analogous location, as does the 1920s topographic map.
Beck variants uniformly name John Jordan, with minor spelling variations. The 1790s maps attribute ownership simply to Jordan.
McGuire geographic dictionary of the Virgin Islands (p. 102) notes an estate house between 3 hills along with the old Brookhill Estatehouse. By 1856, Jolly Hill became part of Logan Estate with Little La Grange.