Williams Delight is estate 41 in St. Croix’s Prince’s Quarter. Based on appearances on historic maps, the windmill was likely built in the 19th century but did not appear on any historic maps. The windmill was incorporated into a dwelling, the former School of the Good Shepherd. The windmill tower is partly collapsed.
The 1750 map shows cotton cultivation and the only sugar mill icon on a historic map appears with the animal mill on the 1799 Oxholm map. The 1920s topographic sheet shows a mill in ruins while the later topographic maps show no indication of ruins. This may be partly explicable by the incorporation of the windmill ruin into a school.
The 1750 map attributed ownership to Johan Schmidt. With a split of the estate, the annotated Beck maps and manuscript copies attribute ownership to the Seth Smith in the north and William Richardson in the south. By 1790, ownership consolidated to Smith.
McGuire geographic dictionary of the Virgin Islands (p.199) does not mention a windmill, although does note that in the 1920s the area was planted in sugar cane.