Two Friends is estate 6 in St. Croix’s Prince’s Quarter. Based on appearances on historic maps, the windmill was likely built in the late 18th century. Field reconnaissance failed to locate ruins identifiable as a windmill.
Given the ruggedness of the countryside here, unsurprisingly the first depiction of an animal mill on the 1766 and other annotated Beck maps fits with the general settlement pattern of St. Croix, where the flatter land to the south found first settlement.
The 1799 Oxholm map depicts a windmill, as does the 1856 Parsons map. None of the 20th century topographic maps depict ruins identifiable as a windmill.
The annotated Beck maps attribute ownership to Jörgan Hansen Möller. By 1790 ownership transitioned to Penthony.
McGuire geographic dictionary of the Virgin Islands (p.192) notes how Springfield estate was merged into it. In the 1920s, planted in cane.