Hogensborg is estate 25 in St. Croix’s Prince Quarter. Based on appearances on historic maps, the animal mill was likely built in the early 1750s.
The portion of estate Høgensborg in tract 25 of Prince Quarter, not to be confused with the neighboring tract 17 in West End Quarter, was first indicated with settlement and sugar cultivation on the 1750 manuscript map but no animal mill. Both Beck printings included an animal mill that remained unchanged on all the Beck map variants, unlike most of maps depicting neighboring estate 17 with a windmill. None of the subsequent maps depicted any ruins in estate 25.
The 1750 map attributed ownership to Pann. All of the Beck maps attributed ownership to Commeraad Johannes Soebodker, including the Kuffner map. Ownership attribution to Sobotker continued into the 1790s.
McGuire geographic dictionary of the Virgin Islands (p.94) noted ownership to Kammeraad Johan Søbodker. In the 1920s, the area was reportedly planted in cane, orchards, and pasture. The Danish Høgensborg was translated City of the Hawk.