Northside B quarter was settled relatively late, contributed to by the steep slopes between both the peaks of St. Croix’s highest mountains and the nearby shore to the north and the plain to the south. The new road, christened Oxholm Way and now known as North Shore Road, first appears on Oxholm’s 1799 map.
Of the 28 estates in Northside B quarter, 16 had depiction of sugar machinery on a historic map, indicating sugar production in that estate. Of these estates, 12 had windmills indicated on a historic map. All of these windmills have been located, with the exception of Betzys Jewel, where the construction of a windmill is in doubt since an icon only appears on the 1856 Parsons map.