Spring Garden is estate 27-28 in St. Croix’s Northside A Quarter. Based on appearances on historic maps, one windmill was likely built in the late 18th century. A second windmill was built perhaps in the 19th century. One windmill is in good condition and the second is partly collapsed.
No settlement indicated in the area of the as yet unnumbered estates 27 & 28 through the 1770s. The annotated and manuscript copies of Beck uniformly attribute ownership to Christopher McEvoy, an ownership that persisted through 1791.
The 1799 Oxholm map and 1856 Parsons map both indicate one windmill at Spring Garden. The 20th-century topographic maps all indicate two windmills at Springgarden.
McGuire geographic dictionary of the Virgin Islands (p.183) notes a House in upper valley; mill on opposite ridge to southwest. In the 1920s, estate with Extensive plantation of cocoa, coffee, mangoes, oranges, vanilla, etc.