Body Slob is estate 12 in St. Croix’s King Quarter, although it is also appropriately called Gibbs. An animal mill appeared only on the 1760s variants of the Beck maps.
Estate 12 was cultivated in sugar by 1750s, however, no structures appear on the manuscript map in 1750 or the two printed Beck maps. The 1766 and 1767 annotated and manuscript copies of Beck all include an animal mill in estate 12, while neither of the 1770 maps nor the Küffner map. From the 1799 Oxholm map and all subsequent maps, no structures appear in estate 12.
The 1750 manuscript map attributed ownership of estate 12 to Peter Markue’s heirs. The 1766 and 1767 annotated and manuscript copies of Beck all attribute ownership to Williamm Gibbs’ heirs, with spelling variation. The 1770 annotated Beck map attributes ownership to Martin Heiliger, with the name by the 1790 maps to Martin Meyer Heiliger.
McGuire geographic dictionary of the Virgin Islands (p.178, 79) does not include estate 12 in its description of Estate Slob, nor does it include it in the description of Fredensborg. Estate 12 is named as Gibbs, a name that has gone out of usage.